10 POINT GUIDE TO SUCCESSFUL AD WRITING
1. "Start with a strong opening statement about the home.
2. "Mention the key one or two benefits that will attract buyers’ attention and spark their interest in the first 10 words of the ad."
3. "Include the salient facts about the property, such as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms and the asking price."
4. "Include your name, your telephone number, your e-mail address, and your Web site."
5. "Use words that appeal to the emotions and senses (e.g., feel, see, enjoy)."
6. "Avoid abbreviations and real estate jargon that the average consumer won’t understand."
7. "Be accurate. Prospective buyers are bound to feel disappointed or manipulated if the home doesn’t match your description."
8. "Focus on the home’s strongest selling points, instead of packing your ad with too many details."
9. "Close with a statement encouraging the prospect to contact you (e.g., “Call today.”)."
10. "Keep a notebook of attractive home descriptions from remodeling magazines and other property ads so you’ll have a ready reference for writing your own blurbs."
RETURN TO HOME PAGE